Monday 7 September 2009

Ok to like Hardcore?

I forget what the "rules" are but one is generally not allowed to like honey n sun drenched 60's girl-group-influenced soppy weak indie boy fop pop and bands with distortion pedals and choruses that go ROAAAWWWWRRRR. Or maybe I'm just a shallow minded person.

Rawr indeed. Pulled Apart By Horses @Leeds made me realise it's "OK" for me to like "hardcore", taking me back to my punk days yada yada. But actually what I realised is that it's "OK" to like them because they are the "indie" face of hardcore.
Wiki seems to believe that they are "indie rock". Which is a bit of a grey area but if it means ROCK MUSIC on an INDIE LABEL then I suppose it's right. They have released records on DTTR. Go figure, indie cred.

Anyway, shut up, Punched a Lion in the Throat is fucking basic shit.

Yeah I'm feeling totally badass t'day.

No comments:

Post a Comment