Thursday 17 September 2009

iTunes.

I've had this laptop about 4 months or so and my iTunes is still a sorry state of affairs. I just checked and there are 3,082 unplayed tracks, 17gb. To put that in perspective, when I got my 8gb iPod two years ago I could barely fill it.

Fuck, I feel like a massive waste of resources. I must have downloaded a lot of stuff just for the sake of it and never listened to it. I had an idea the other day, one which I doubt will ever come to fruition but I'd like any opinions of it please...
That is, to go through every song in my library and write something about it. Of course this would take quite a while so I would have to think of a methodical way of working and impose certain constraints on myself, eg not including short 'interlude' tracks (although sometimes those are my favourites) and only working on the songs in my library at that particular point in time.
The easiest way to do this, I have figured would be to make an auto playlist on iTunes- of all songs between zero and [highest play count]. I guess with nearly 5,000 tracks it would be quite difficult to keep up with it all but it's definitely something I want to do in the near future. In fact, why don't I do it right now? Where's that notebook?
I'll do a nice drawing for it and make a blog for it and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment