Tuesday 18 August 2009

Fun times in Mossley

This weekend saw the "biggest and best ever" Mozfest. For a festival with the main stage on the back of a lorry in a pub carpark in Mossley it was great (although I didn't actually see many bands and some scallies did my tent in).

Main priority of the weekend was of course to see my idols and good buddies Drink and Drive on the aforementioned lorry. Mozfest was their biggest gig to date and some lads even came from Warrington to watch them. Needless to say they were awesome, albeit probably not as awesome as narcotics led me to believe- I did at several points mention that Ben may be some sort of messiah.

I put a track on my TUMBLR PAGE for ya'll to listen to but you'll probably find it on myspace as well.

Next up were Where's Strutter?, who seem to have a massive fan following (massive for Mossley anyway) and a sound not dissimilar to the Courteeners. They've got quite a few gigs in the Northwest coming up so have a look at their page.

Headlining friday night were the Fayre. I admit that by this time I wasn't in the state to remember more than the fact that the singer looked like Kurt Cobain but the tunes on their myspace are pretty good. They supported the mighty Twisted Wheel in December so they can't be half bad.


Sunday was too cold to warrant doing anything but sitting around the fire but I did find time to finally catch the Manyanas who were as good as expected.



Like I always say, more photos are living on my flickr account so check them out (and make me look like a good photographer)

No comments:

Post a Comment