Monday 31 August 2009

An almost famous groupie and other things at Leeds Festival

2009 was probably the best Leeds festival of the three I've been to. Weirdly I saw very few bands and got horrendously wasted but as a Radiohead fan are you surprised?

As I'm not anal and male I'm not going to do a blow by blow thing of everything, because NME is going to do that for you. Instead (because I'm female), I'm going to make a list of my highlights.

Wild Beasts. Awesome, can't wait to see them twice in October. New songs are sounding great live.
Aidan Moffat. To quote the man himself, he jumpstarted my serotonin. Which is always appreciated on a hangover.
the Courteeners. Because being from the Rochdale Metropolitan Borough is a reason for me to shout along to every line of some boorish lad-rock.
Radiohead. As if I need to explain. Love.
the Horrors. Mock all you want. They're sounding more and more like a great early 90's band but without the crap stage presence.
Black Lips. Scuzzy rock and roll fun and my first stage invasion for nearly five years. I'm still amazed that I managed to clamber onto the Festival Republic stage and my kissing of Jared Swilley gained me somewhat of a mention in NME (or so I'm telling myself).
Pulled Apart By Horses. Normally I'd go out of my way to avoid anything vaguely hardcore but these made me want to stretch my earlobes and scream a lot. Complete with bleeding leg. Awesome.
Future of the Left. Yet more rock. You Need Satan More Than He Needs You is on its way to track of 09. Started to make me glad McLusky finished.


This weekend has put the festival love back in me. Let's try for four next year. Yeah rocking sweet. Btw the Invisible are possibly the worst band I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment